This tropical fruit-inspired smoothie is full of fiber (6 grams per serving), thanks to the fruit and the clever addition of oatmeal. Feel free to tip and add oatmeal and fiber to your favorite smoothie.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 small banana, peeled and broken into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened mango cubes
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened pineapple cubes
- Fresh pineapple wedges, for garnish
- Add the oats to a blender, cover and blend to a fine powder. Add 2 ice cubes, banana, coconut milk, lemon juice, vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt, cover and blend until smooth. Add the mango and pineapple, cover and blend until smooth, at least 1 minute.
- Pour the smoothie into two large chilled glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge.